These are my current top ten players who have either been contacted by an ACC school, offered a scholarship by an ACC school or committed to an ACC school. The ACC schools that are in the mix are in parenthesis next to the player’s name. This does not mean that ACC schools lead for these players OR that the order of listings is indication of a leader among the schools.
1. Derrick Favors, 6’9” C (Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, North Carolina State)
2. Xavier Henry, 6’6” SG (North Carolina)
3. Kenny Boynton, 6’2” SG (Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami)
4. John Wall, 6’3”, PG (Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia)
5. Dominic Cheek, 6’6” SG (North Carolina, Miami)
6. Daniel Orton, 6’9” C (Maryland, Wake Forest)
7. Dexter Strickland, 6’3” SG (Committed to North Carolina)
8. Jordan Hamilton, 6’7” SF (North Carolina State)
9. John Henson, 6’10” PF (Committed to North Carolina)
10. DeShawn Painter, 6’9” PF (Clemson, Florida State, NC State, Virginia)
A notable exception here is Lance Stephenson (6’5” SF), who is #2 on many rankings and is often tagged as being a UNC target. I am pretty much of the opinion that UNC is not actively recruiting Stephenson, so until I see or hear otherwise (send me a link if you’ve got something), I am dropping him from my list of ACC targets. This moves Xavier Henry (who I think is leaning towards Memphis and Kansas over UNC) into my #2 spot, and introduces target DeShawn Painter into the top 10.
I also am not adding DeShonte Riley (6’10” C) to the mix even though he’s listed Boston College as a possible school. I kind of like DeShawn Painter a little more at this point.
These rankings may change as I get to see more of these guys, either in person or on video.
UPDATE, 7/1/208:After I posted this back in May, 2008, there have been a lot of changes and commitments. So if you want to keep up when the player DB comes online, click here.