Adam Zagoria has a post about the Duke Xavier game and how it helps recruiting, and that’s why it was scheduled:
Both teams want to continue to draw on the rich talent pool in the New York/New Jersey area…
Xavier’s emergence this season as a power team (which they’ll get a chance to prove when they take on the Blue Devils) is due in part to their ability to recruit the NY/NJ region.
Meanwhile, Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, CA, tops the PrepNation.com poll:
1. Santa Ana, Calif., Mater Dei
2. Newark, N.J., St. Benedict’s
3. Mouth of Wilson, Va., Oak Hill
4. Elizabeth, N.J., St. Patrick
5. Los Angeles, Calif., Fairfax
6. Duncanville, Texas
7. Henderson, Nev., Findlay
8. Brooklyn, N.Y., Lincoln
9. Minnetonka, Minn., Hopkins
10. Rockville, Md., Montrose Christian
Of course, Mater Dei boasts Travis Wear (PF, 6’9″, 2009) and David Wear (PF, 6’9″, 2009), both of whom have committed to UNC, as well as Andy Brown (PF, 6’8″, 2009), a big man who has committed to Stanford.